Botiids typically have a more or less arched back, with a pointed snout of intermediate length.
Family: Cobitidae (formerly Botiidae)
Botiidae is a mainly Southeast Asian family of cypriniform ray-finned fishes. Recently placed in the true loach family Cobitidae, in 2012 M. Kottelat revised the loaches and re-elevated this taxon to family rank.
Botiidae often encountered in the aquarium trade include:
- Clown loach, Chromobotia macracanthus
- Skunk loach, Yasuhikotakia morleti
- Yoyo loach, Botia almorhae
- Zebra loach, Botia striata
- Bengal loach, Botia dario
- Burmese border loach, Botia dario
- Polka Dot Loach, Botia kubotai
- Golden Zebra Loach, Botia histrionica
- Ladder Loach, Botia rostrata
- Blue Botia, Yasuhikotakia modesta
- Dwarf Chain Loach, Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki